Well, here we are. The beginning of another year. Time always seems to fly by and you wonder what you did with the past year. This past year was a very eventful one that I can look back on with fondness for both its successes and its trials. I finished my University education, moved back to the city I grew up in, re-connected with family & friends and started my career. I got my own place and feel like a real "grown up" now (haha, as if I'll ever be grown up!). This past year was also trying for the family with the sudden and tragic death of my auntie, but it has drawn the family together and we appreciate each other all the more! I look back fondly on the times that I had with her and all that she taught me in the time she was here. I'm still learning from her legacy. I continue to pray for my cousin, knowing that life will be tough for him without her, but trusting that God has good things planned for him!
At this time of year I also look forward, make plans, and dream dreams of the upcoming year. I pray that this year will be one of joy and love, where those that come in contact with me will feel madly loved - by both me and by their Heavenly Father. This year I have really experienced peace and joy, feeling that I am right where God intends me to be. I am in my element - I am teaching, making music, encouraging my friends and spending time with my family. I hope for more of this joyful and peaceful existence next year, knowing that I'm right where I need to be. I also hope for a year of learning. I have been learning lots about life and love from the mentors in my world and I hope to continue to have them rub off on me! I hope for an openness and a willingness to follow God wherever He might lead me. As a teacher I will have two months off each summer, and I hope to use it productively. I don't know if that means helping others, volunteering or doing mission work, but I pray for the obedience to go where He leads. His is always a great adventure!
It is great to dream of summer, but there are many months of school left before summer will be upon us. I am wrestling now with how to live out my faith in a secular work environment. For the coming months, my goal will be to try and make my job, my classroom ( and my overtime hours!) an offering. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on this issue, please comment.
So. . . I leave you with a few pictures of my holiday visits and outings with friends and family. . .
May this upcoming year be one of learning and growing for you. May the comfortable times be filled with joy and may the uncomfortable ones make you stronger!
Blessings for 2007!
1 comment:
Normally i would make some smart comment but maybe today i will go with a serious one. HAHA. I am glad to here everything is going well. It has been awesome hanging out with you and getting the invites to the different shin-digs. Give me a little longer and people will be saying to you, oh you are Derek's friend. mwahahaha. Take it easy and i expect to see the ..ummm... mushroom picture..um ya, ahaha. Love peace and chicken grease!!!
Post a Comment