People often say that we can learn a lot from children. My students have proven this to be true on a daily basis. I may teach them French, Math and Social Studies, but they teach me about the important things in life. They display genuine love and joy each and every day. Coming up to Valentines Day, they are not like adults, whining about what they may or may not get from their loved one, or getting down on themselves because they don't have "a special someone" in their life. They are so excited about this day where they have an excuse to bring cards to ALL of the people they love! They get to share hugs, laughs and treats with their friends, family, classmates and teacher. What could be better than that?! I have been on the receiving end of this love and joy this past week. I have been showered with love and gifts and have been blessed by their perspective towards this "Love Day". They see it as a day to love everyone like mad! Also, I am struck by their joy. They make me laugh on a daily basis; and not just a little giggle. I belly laugh at and with them almost every day! During our class Valentines Day party they had such joy. . . I even heard one boy proclaim, "This is the best party I have ever had in my life!" Yes, he has only lived 7 years so far, but I am sure that this is more a reflection of his outlook on life than his experience in years. I am quite confident that every party that this boy attends would be "the best one he's ever been to". If only we all could see life like that! I challenge you, no matter what your situation this Valentines Day, to love those around you like crazy and to make it "the best party you've ever had in your life".
Happy Valentines Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment