Thursday, April 12, 2007

Junofest!

The Juno awards ceremony itself was down my list of priorities during Juno weekend here in Saskatoon because I knew there would be very few musical performances during the telecast. The real musical richness came along with Junofest, a two-day music festival preceeding the telecast where you could see over 100 bands at any of 15 venues. . . all for $25! My favourite events of the weekend were the Jazz acts at the Bassment.

My friend Mark Zielke and his band (The Valentine's Day Special) were great. Smooth, jazzy and sexy! Haha. We're really proud of you, Mark. Good luck!




Kelly Lee Evans was also a new, but delightful discovery for me. Check her out if you get the chance. Really smooth, groovy jazz/soul vocals.


I didn't attend the telecast and still feel like I got the most out of the Junos. I missed out on the freezing cold red carpet experience, the screaming hard-core performance by Alexisonfire, and the lame humour of Nelly Furtado. Oh darn! (wink). But I did get to take in some really great music over the weekend and enjoy time spent with friends. Not too shabby if you ask me. . .




Oh Junos, I wish you would come to visit every year!! :)

No comments: