Sunday, March 02, 2008

Update for 08!

Well, "What have you been doing since the New Year began?", you might ask. . . Here's the update!

I got a nice long break from work for the holidays and very much enjoyed my time at home in SK with family and friends. For all of you who have consistently offered support and prayers for my Mom; thank you. She is in mid-treatment and is doing well. Praise God!

We spent a lot of time over the holidays playing my brother's Wii (who knew video games could be a family bonding activity!). . .


. . .and I also visited some family out at Last Mountain lake. We did some ice fishing and snowmobiling. . . (you Ontarian's wouldn't believe it out there!)



I was thrilled to be able to attend my friend Melissa's wedding while I was back home. There have been lots of new unions this year; it's an exciting time.

Congratulations Christine & Dan, Laura & Nathaniel, Melissa & Bryan! This year has also brought some births! I've had the privilege of meeting Kaiwen Zhang and Emmi Schmidt. Welcome, beautiful babes. Congratulations, proud parents!! :)


The winter has been a long one for Ontarian's due to heavy snowfall, but I'm loving this winter! I don't drive out here, so extra snow is no problem; it only adds to the beauty of the season. I do feel sorry for whoever owns this car though. . .

The winter has been mild and short (compared to what I'm used to back home). It didn't really "feel" wintery until January!

I've taken advantage of the weather and gotten out to enjoy Nathan Phillips Square and the fabulous outdoor skating rink in the heart of downtown. It's not consistently cold enough here for an outdoor rink, but the rink is refrigerated. . . never heard of that back home! :P


I've been trying to take in as many "big city" experiences as possible since my arrival,and sports games fall into that category! I went to a Raptor's game (NBA) and enjoyed all the fanfare! There was cheer leading, music, contests, basketball (obviously!) and lots of energy! It was great fun.


I continue to have a fabulous time salsa dancing with my friends! I am learning a lot and meeting wonderful people.

Many of my non-salsa friends have even been converted after taking a lesson or two! The fun is contagious. . .




My students have kept me very busy since January, but we've learned a lot together and had a lot of fun. They are so cute; I wish I could post pictures! All the hard work will have paid off when I head off on my winter holiday to Mexico this month!
Water, beach, sun . . . here I come! :)

No comments: