Thursday, July 05, 2007

Toronto, here I come!

So, in my last post I mentioned that I may return to Toronto after my fabulous visit (and interview) there in May. Well, I'm going back! I just finished my first full year teaching here in Saskatoon and really enjoyed it. For next year I got a great opportunity to teach at the Toronto French School. I'm excited about everything the school and the city have to offer. This August I will pack up my things and head out east for another adventure!

Before I move, however, I'm enjoying my time off. I saw several great shows at the Jazz Festival: Jeff Healey, Solar Rio (with Paul Benjamin!), Kellylee Evans & Dione Taylor. We had a beautiful week for the festival and I enjoyed the music, the company of great friends and the great outdoors!

Jeff Healey: visually impaired, but certainly not musically impaired!
(He plays his guitar flat on his lap while seated)

Amanda & Ryan: Rock and Rollers at heart!

Samuel and me. Sammy is Paul's nephew and his biggest fan! He was a great dancing partner for me while his uncle drummed during the show in the park.

"Da boyz": Samuel, Dave & Mark

Auntie Leanne and Samuel. Squishy face! :)

The hooded monks enjoyed the show too! (Warren & Dave)

This summer we continued the Kerr family tradition with the July long weekend up at the lake.
Jennelle and Colleen joined us for the weekend to take part in the traditions, fishing being one of them. Jennelle and I will be T.O. buddies next year. She lives downtown Toronto!


It seems we have begun a new tradition. . .Canada Day Fireworks set off at our cabin. Luckily no one lost an eye, although we came close!

Dad prepares the fireworks. . . do we have a blow torch? That might make lighting them easier! :)

"Lighting up" . . .


Post-firework euphoria. . .



We wrapped up the weekend with the Emma Lake PGA! There was a "dress" code for this tournament! :)


I hope you're all having a great summer!

No comments: