My adventures here have been wonderful and varied. So far, here is the short-list of things I love about Toronto:
1) The Beaches & The Harbourfront: Warm and relaxing by day, beautiful and serene by night. This picture is of me near the shoreline (although it's hard to tell). My friend and I went down there one evening to practice some crazy salsa moves in the sand! :)

2) The Night Skyline: The lights at night are spectacular. Sometimes I have to pinch myself cause it's hard to believe I'm actually here. The CN Tower was spectacular this weekend, all lit up in many colours for Nuit Blanche (an all-night art festival in Toronto).

3) The Events: Obviously Toronto has tons to offer, from live theater and movies to concerts and special events. The picture below is from the comedy show 'Facebook of Revelations' that I saw at the Second City with a group of friends. It was hilarious!

Nuit Blanche was held this Saturday night. The people came out in droves to see unconventional art displays throughout all of downtown Toronto until the wee hours of the morning. The place was buzzing with fun and excitement! I'm really looking forward to many of the upcoming concerts and the Canada Salsa Congress this coming weekend!




Where the lineups to see art were long, we made our own art! :)

4) Salsa: Did I mention that the salsa scene here is tons of fun?! I'm learning very quickly and I even won a contest this weekend! The prize was free tickets to a live latin concert next month at the Docks :) My latin friends are jealous cause apparently this concert should be amazing (what do I know?!) and the tickets are worth $50 each! Also this weekend, a bunch of us hit the street in front of the Royal Ontario Museum for 'Sidewalk Salsa' to dance under the stars as part of Nuit Blanche.

5) The People: The people I have met here (or knew before I came) are fabulous. My co-workers are fun and helpful, not to mention the fact that a lot of them are young! :) The people I've met at church have been very welcoming. They have invited me to make music at the church, to join their dodgeball league and to hang out on many occasions. The people I've met through the salsa community have been patient with me as I learn and have helped me to 'plug in' to what's going on in the city. My friends from back home have been loyal and wonderful, sharing in fun adventures. Many of these friends (new & old) share my interests, such as snowboarding, dancing, speaking French, making music and exploring the city . . . so I won't be at a loss for company in any of my favourite activities!



Toronto is the most culturally diverse city in the world and that is one of my favourite things about the place. There are people from extremely varied cultural backgrounds, speaking different languages, but sharing experiences here in Canada. My co-workers and friends make up a rich tapestry of people from all over the world! I feel very privileged to have crossed paths with each of them.
6) THE WEATHER: Please note that this list is not written in order of importance, because the weather probably tops my list of favourite things about TO! I have been here for over a month now and it has been in the high 20s the entire time. Last week (the last week of Sept!) it even went above 30 degrees. My walk to work every day is glorious in this weather and I am still wearing shorts and skirts all the time. Yayy! Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday and a friend of mine managed to score me a bike, so we explored some of the trails and neighbourhoods that were new to me.
7) My job: This is the reason I'm here and the reason I get up every morning. The school is amazing and my students are great. There are only 14 of them and they are 5 years old. They are SO cute, but unfortunately I can't post any pictures of them (due to privacy restrictions). I can't see myself anywhere else right now. . . and that's a good place to be.
May your days be sunny and bright, wherever you are. . .
1) The Beaches & The Harbourfront: Warm and relaxing by day, beautiful and serene by night. This picture is of me near the shoreline (although it's hard to tell). My friend and I went down there one evening to practice some crazy salsa moves in the sand! :)

2) The Night Skyline: The lights at night are spectacular. Sometimes I have to pinch myself cause it's hard to believe I'm actually here. The CN Tower was spectacular this weekend, all lit up in many colours for Nuit Blanche (an all-night art festival in Toronto).

3) The Events: Obviously Toronto has tons to offer, from live theater and movies to concerts and special events. The picture below is from the comedy show 'Facebook of Revelations' that I saw at the Second City with a group of friends. It was hilarious!

Nuit Blanche was held this Saturday night. The people came out in droves to see unconventional art displays throughout all of downtown Toronto until the wee hours of the morning. The place was buzzing with fun and excitement! I'm really looking forward to many of the upcoming concerts and the Canada Salsa Congress this coming weekend!




Where the lineups to see art were long, we made our own art! :)

4) Salsa: Did I mention that the salsa scene here is tons of fun?! I'm learning very quickly and I even won a contest this weekend! The prize was free tickets to a live latin concert next month at the Docks :) My latin friends are jealous cause apparently this concert should be amazing (what do I know?!) and the tickets are worth $50 each! Also this weekend, a bunch of us hit the street in front of the Royal Ontario Museum for 'Sidewalk Salsa' to dance under the stars as part of Nuit Blanche.

5) The People: The people I have met here (or knew before I came) are fabulous. My co-workers are fun and helpful, not to mention the fact that a lot of them are young! :) The people I've met at church have been very welcoming. They have invited me to make music at the church, to join their dodgeball league and to hang out on many occasions. The people I've met through the salsa community have been patient with me as I learn and have helped me to 'plug in' to what's going on in the city. My friends from back home have been loyal and wonderful, sharing in fun adventures. Many of these friends (new & old) share my interests, such as snowboarding, dancing, speaking French, making music and exploring the city . . . so I won't be at a loss for company in any of my favourite activities!



Toronto is the most culturally diverse city in the world and that is one of my favourite things about the place. There are people from extremely varied cultural backgrounds, speaking different languages, but sharing experiences here in Canada. My co-workers and friends make up a rich tapestry of people from all over the world! I feel very privileged to have crossed paths with each of them.
6) THE WEATHER: Please note that this list is not written in order of importance, because the weather probably tops my list of favourite things about TO! I have been here for over a month now and it has been in the high 20s the entire time. Last week (the last week of Sept!) it even went above 30 degrees. My walk to work every day is glorious in this weather and I am still wearing shorts and skirts all the time. Yayy! Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday and a friend of mine managed to score me a bike, so we explored some of the trails and neighbourhoods that were new to me.
7) My job: This is the reason I'm here and the reason I get up every morning. The school is amazing and my students are great. There are only 14 of them and they are 5 years old. They are SO cute, but unfortunately I can't post any pictures of them (due to privacy restrictions). I can't see myself anywhere else right now. . . and that's a good place to be.May your days be sunny and bright, wherever you are. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment