
By day, I'm working with 14 five-year-old French students and loving it. The school is amazing and is providing great professional growth opportunities for me. The staff I work with are from various countries all over the world and have very diverse backgrounds, making my days interesting and fun.

My classroom is large and the number of students, small. The school added a brand new classroom this year and I ended up getting it! All of my supplies are brand new and we are very well-equipped. The kids at this school get lots of personal attention and have access to the best of everything. The families are paying a pretty penny for their kids to be here, so most of the families are really involved in their children's education (which is very refreshing)!

The school is a nice blend of old and new. They have remodelled three former mansions, made additions, and built some adjoining buildings to complete the campus. The school educates students from Pre-K to grade 12 and has a Junior School, a Middle School and High School. It has a pool, a dance room, large gyms, a multimedia room, smartboards in many classrooms, macs all over the campus etc. Very well-equipped! There are 500 computers on campus (approx 1200 students).

The school has beautiful grounds and is situated on 14 acres of ravine property. The students go down into the ravine several times a year for ecological projects and scientific experiments.


Yes, I know this looks like a house, but it is one of the school buildings on the campus. This used to be the headmaster's house (I guess he wanted to live at work!), but it has been converted to a study hall, daycare and play area.
I get to enjoy the scenic area during my 15 minute walk to and from work each day. I caught a few of the trees in their fall glory last week. . .

3 comments:
woah school! looks awesome man!
Wonderful pictures honey! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. I can't wait to see everything in person when I come for my visit.
Love,
Mom.
What an amazing place to go to everyday. You would never know it was a school. I love that you post pictures like this!
Post a Comment