Julia Gulia
Well, today was the day! I got the call last night that my certification had finally come through and that I would start teaching this morning at Victoria school in Saskatoon. Although I was impatient for it to come through, God's timing was, again. . . perfect. I had lost my voice for a little over a week and wouldn't have been able to start teaching anyways! I got some much-needed rest and began today with my French immersion Kindergarten class. I work full days, but have two separate classes that come for a half-day each. I have 16 students in the morning and 12 in the afternoon. The classes are a really nice size! This position is a maternity leave that I am taking over until the end of the school year. When school starts up again in the fall I could continue on in this position or accept another one. There are many opportunities for me here because there is huge demand for French immersion teachers as well as people with a music background. I could be teaching anything from Kindergarten to high school. I guess we'll see where God leads me. . .Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement and prayers.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment